sabato 21 luglio 2012

21st of July

Epic day today. Nai Yang: I took my first wave. I ride the wave. It says so, and only those who tried it can understand, my friend Kurt rightly says. What does it mean? Does that mean I was lying on the table for over half an hour to paddle upstream to reach the breaking point wiped out of the tide. I waited to regain strength and that the God of the surfer wanted that I managed to catch the first wave good (4 feet tall according to Kurt, to me it seemed at least 2 metres) and in disbelief before kneeling and then erect, remained in the balance until the very end. An amazing time where I also ruled the board to the left to avoid the rocks. 30/40 seconds at least. Then after gliding on the reef it took me another 20 minutes to return ashore exhausted and without my hat. Kurt, meanwhile, broke a fin on a rock.
It was the most coveted minute of my life. It took 55 years for catch it. And I have no picture, only the story of Kurt to bear witness to him.
Great party then, invited by Patty, we went to see the Simon Cabaret Star, a fantastic show of Lady-boys and then to dinner at Paknam, Mythic thai seafood restaurant.
Tonight I will dream the wave. And for many nights more.

Oggi giornata epica. Nai Yang: ho preso la mia prima onda. I ride the wave. Si dice così, e solo chi lo ha provato può capire, dice giustamente l'amico Kurt.
Cosa significa? Vuol dire che sono stato sdraiato sulla tavola per oltre mezz'ora a remare controcorrente per raggiungere stremato il punto di rottura della marea. Che ho atteso di riprendere forza e che il dio dei surfer ha voluto che riuscissi a prendere la prima onda buona (4 piedi di altezza secondo Kurt, a me sembrava almeno 2 metri) e che incredulo prima in ginocchio e poi eretto, sono rimasto in equilibrio fino alla fine. Un tempo incredibile in cui ho anche governato la tavola verso sinistra per evitare delle rocce. 30/40 secondi almeno. Poi sono planato sul reef e mi ci sono voluti altri 20 minuti per ritornare a riva stremato e senza cappellino. Kurt, nel frattempo, ha rotto una pinna su uno scoglio.
É stato il minuto più agognato della mia vita. Ci sono voluti 55 anni per agguantarlo. E non ho foto, solo il racconto di Kurt a testimoniarlo.
Poi festa grande e, invitati da Patty, siamo andati a vedere il Simon Star Cabaret, un fantastico spettacolo di Lady-boy e poi a cena al Paknam, mitico ristorante di pesce thai.
Stanotte sognerò l'onda. E per molte notti ancora.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento